As a reminder to all those traveling through the diverging diamond intersection, DO NOT TURN RIGHT WHEN THE LIGHT IS RED. Please pay attention to all posted signage. When in a DDI, turning right on red disrupts traffic flow and puts all motorists in the intersection at risk. Compliance with posted signage and directions is necessary to securing the safety of all motorists in the area.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner? Next week, regular construction activities will pause from Wednesday, Nov 21 at 5a.m. through Sunday, Nov 25 at 10 p.m. Work will resume after 10 p.m. on Sunday, weather permitting.
Regular updates are shared via email and Twitter. To sign up, please send an email to MoPacintersections@txdot.gov with “updates” in the subject line, or follow us on Twitter @TxDOTAustin, search #MoPacintersections.
MoPac Intersections Project Team
Diverging Diamond Intersection
Below is a diagram showing the configuration and how to drive through it.
What to expect on Sunday, Nov. 11, after the DDI opens:
• For motorists traveling straight through on Slaughter Lane, traffic will be shifted to the left on the bridge and exit the DDI to the right
• For motorists turning left onto MoPac, traffic will be shifted to the left on the bridge and will exit the DDI to the left
• Follow the signs and stay in the lines to navigate the DDI
• MoPac through-traffic should stay to the left and travel under the Slaughter Lane overpass, avoiding the intersection
• Traffic exiting at Slaughter Lane will be forced to turn left or right at the intersection. There will be NO through-frontage road access.
General Construction Information
Please note that schedules are subject to change due to weather or field conditions. General work hours take place Sunday through Friday. Work will occur both during the day and at night during the times shown below, unless otherwise noted.
Daytime Work Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Nighttime Work Hours: 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Alternating north and southbound lane closures continue nightly from South Bay Lane to Davis Lane.
Sunday – Thursday, 8 p.m. – 6 a.m.
Friday – Saturday, 10 p.m. – 8 a.m.
Alternating east and westbound lane closures continue nightly at the MoPac intersection.
Sunday – Thursday, 9 p.m. – 5:30 a.m.
Friday – Saturday, 10:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.